Monday, August 13, 2012

Tickled Pink - Lawnscaping One Layer Challenge

Hello!  I am hopefully back from a stamping/posting hiatus.  The new school year is just a few days away and the kids and I will settle back into a much more normal and structured routine...which means that this Mama will hopefully have some more free time for stamping!

My dear sister-in-law is preggo with her 2nd baby and recently got the news that come her due date she will be welcoming a baby girl to the family!  I, being the girly-girl that I am, always love a reason to make a girly card with pink and sparkles!  So that's just what I did.

The Lawnscaping Challenge this week was to create a One Layer card.  It may sound simple to some and to others it is definitely quite a challenge.  I think most of the time, while I tend to be a Clean & Simple type of cardmaker, an actual one layer card is a challenge for me.  However, I feel this one came together quite well.

I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set: Hats off to You.  The sentiment comes from an older A Muse stamp set.  I colored the crown with a copic and then of course had to add some pretty little rhinestones to make it sparkle like a real crown.


Thanks for stopping by!  Hope your day is filled with sparkle!

3 comments:

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Love the bling.

Laurel said...

SUPER CUTE! Love the simplicity of this card!

Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL onelayer cards! Perfect CAS too!!!!
Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!
Hugs, Karin