Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Relax...Happy Birthday! - CASology & colourQ Challenge

Happy Wednesday!  We are half way to the weekend!  Woo hoo!  And it's a holiday weekend!  And we are headed out of town on Friday!  So I am happy that I have lots to look forward to!

I wanted to quickly share a card with you that I created yesterday for 2 challenges.  The first challenge was inspired by the CASology Blog.  The challenge this week was to "RELAX".  
The 2nd challenge I was inspired by comes from the colourQ Blog.  You can check out this week's challenge HERE or you will see the inspiration photo at the end of this post.

So here is what I created.  I think the colors are perfect for a "relaxing" theme.  And what is more relaxing than celebrating your birthday on a beach...in a cute pair of flip flops?  :)


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fabulous and sparkly Wednesday!

Challenges Used for Today's Post:
  


11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Colleen, love the glitter on the sand and those fun flip flops. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

...and great use of this weeks colours at the colourQ! Thanks for joining us.

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Colleen, love your embossed background! thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

Ardyth said...

Love the sparkly sand - and I just love flip flop season! A great excuse for a pedicure! lol! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

fun card... the sparkly sand is the perfect touch!! thanks for playing along with CASology!

Jen W. said...

Love the touch of glitter on the edge of the sand! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Patrice said...

So cute - I hope you'll link up again at 52 Car Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

Karen Nutkins said...

Great card, love the flip flops.

Deanna Jean said...

Super fun birthday card. I would be happy to celebrate my birthday on the beach. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Susan said...

Nothing better than sand, sunshine...and my favorite pair of flip flops! Perfect card for this challenge!

Jean said...

Oh ~ what a great card for the two challenges ~ Love the flip flops and your glittery sand!