Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kindergarten - CASology Challenge

I discovered a new Challenge Blog out there in Blogland this past week.  It's definitely my kind of challenge blog because it centers around my favorite stamping style: Clean And Simple.  I look forward to playing along each week (or as much as I can) over at the CASology blog.

So this week's challenge is #6 and the challenge is this:

My little man started is starting Kindergarten today, so I was happy to create a special little card for him to wish him GOOD LUCK on his 1st day at Kindergarten.  It's a tad more "busy" and has an extra layer or 2  than what I, personally,  like to consider "Clean and Simple", but it really was simple to create.  The apples are a background stamp from PTI, then I stamped the chalkboard and the ruler and cut them out.  I mounted everything and then stamped my sentiments.  On the inside I stamped Happy 1st Day and reserved some space for my hubby and I to write him a special little note.

Thanks for looking!  Have a glitteriffic day!

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

You rule! I can't believe how evenly you stamped that apple - great job! Love the black board - your son will love this! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

wonderful card for your little man (my little man starts kindergarten this year, too!)... i love the little chalkboard you created! thanks for playing along with CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen this is fantastic! Great card for a kindergartner. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Melissa said...

Adorable! Love that ruler and the little chalk board message! I too have a new kindergartner this year! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Love the chalkboard and the ruler! Hope your little man had a good first day! Thanks for playing along at CAsology this week!

Patrice said...

Great interpretation of the theme - I hope you'll link up with 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-33.html