Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CAS-ual Tuesday night!

Hello there!  It's been a while since I played along with CAS-ual Friday's, but as the summer is winding down and school is about to start, I am settling in to a better routine, which means more time for me to stamp!

This past Friday, the CAS-UAL Friday Blog posted a challenge to make square cards.  I don't make very many square cards.  I am not sure why.  They really are cute and fun!  Maybe it's the envelope thing.  I want my cards to fit just perfectly in the envelopes, and if I make a big square card, I need special envelopes and extra postage...and if it's a smaller square card, part of my envelope is empty (or I need to by special sized envelopes).  Ah well....onto the challenge...but my cards may need a little explanation.  :)
CFC65

I was inspired by my husband for these 2 cards and his love of this website called The Chive.  It's like a cult or something, LOL. When he first introduced me to it, he compared it to being like Pinterest for men or something along those lines.  Anyway, the motto at The Chive is to "Keep Calm and Chive On".  It was started by two guys who came from (Chi)cago, IL and (Ve)nice, CA.  It's definitely not for everyone, but if you enjoy viral internet humor it's a pretty funny site.  I find myself laughing with tears in my eyes at some of the photos.  And believe it or not, this little internet community has done a lot of good raising money and helping people (most recently one of the victim's of the shooting in Aurora, CO).   

They sell Chive-wear and my hubby has this shirt: (which was my inspiration)

Here are my cards (one for a Chive and one for a Chivette)



Thanks for looking!  And thanks for sticking around.  I rambled a little more than usual on this post!  LOL!



1 comment:

Deb said...

The story behind your cards is hysterical! I love it! You did a fantastic job with our square challenge. I love the sentiments and design! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!