Friday, March 11, 2011

Project Simplify: Week 1 - Closet Hot Spot

Hello! It's been a while since I last posted and this will not be a stamping related post, either. I have been busy growing a human being. :) And with just about 9 weeks left until our little Princess arrives, I figured it's time to get as organized as I can.

A friend introduced me to this blog: Simple Mom and this week started off a project called Project: Simplify. For the next 5 weeks we work on tackling different areas of our home to declutter, clean, and organize. This is something I know I need to do before the chaos of Baby #2.

So this week's Project: Simplify: Hot Spot #1 was your wardrobe and closet. That was honestly not the first place I had wanted to start out with, and being pregnant made it a little bit more difficult to know what to discard or keep. But I did my best and I guess in about 6 months time, I will just try to go through things again.

I can also honestly say that I feel so accomplished after getting this task done. After we moved in last May, our closet never really got the attention it deserved and it was a little bit of a mess.

BEFORE
BEFORE

AFTER
AFTER

I still think it needs a little work, but this is definitely a much needed improvement. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Looks great! Way to go, Colleen!!!