Thursday, January 14, 2010

With Sympathy

Hello there.

Today I am sharing a sympathy card with you. It's never really fun to share these types of cards. I hate to have to make them, but unfortunately, a friend we know lost their father this week due to cancer spreading in his bones.
I don't have much in the way of "sympathy" sentiments...but I quickly fixed that by ordering Amy R's Sympathy Sentiments.
For this card I used the "Life" set by PTI as well as a sentiment from "Scattered Showers" also from PTI.
I used Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum cardstock from SU and Elegant Eggplant ink from SU. I stamped the image once and then moved it over a little and stamped off the access ink to kind of give it a shadow type of effect or a more subdued look.

5 comments:

Heather P. said...

Sympathy cards are *so* hard to make, but this one is just lovely!!

Jessica said...

This is just gorgeous, C - so elegant and simple. Perfect for a sympathy card, though I'm sorry you needed one. :-(

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful! It is so hard to make sympathy cards, but you did a Great job!

Anonymous said...

What a beautitul card in general. I am sorry this is the occassion for which you need it.

In general, this would be a elegant birthday card, mother's day card...anything.

God Bles You and Your Friend,
His,
Traci Starkweather
Traci S. at SCS

Davi said...

I think that this is sooo beautiful. Love the colors and the soft image to go with the sentiment. Im sure your friend with be comforted by your lovely card.