Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year and Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #41

Happy New Year! I've been slacking in the stamping department for quite some time. I think I've lost my mojo. This is actually my first card for 2010! It took a lot of pushing to get myself to sit down and actually stamp. I know once I get a few cards made the bug will bite me again, but right now, I am a stampin' slug.

So, anyway, on to the wonderful Cupcake Inspiration Challenge from Rachel over at Hope Stamps Eternal. The Sweeties have all created something using these pretty little cupcakes as our inspiration. Please play along! Cupcake stamps are not necessary...just go with the flow and where ever this picture takes you for inspiration just STAMP IT OUT!
I used some pretty new papers from Basic Grey: Origins and Sugar Rush for my card and the sweetest and newest image from The Greeting Farm, Stella. My layout comes from Tracy over at Eat Sleep Stamp, it's Sketch #65. It's been a while since I played along with one of her sketch challenges.
I colored Stella in with my Copics and added a little sparkle to her with some Stardust Stickles.

I stuck with super simple to get myself back into the swing of things with stamping. Hopefully by next week my mojo will be back in full swing! :)

Remember to play along with us and link up your card to Rachel's blog using Mr. Linky and if you upload to any online galleries make sure to use Keyword: CIC41.

Check out what the other HSE Sweeties created!



SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Stella (TGF), Simple Valentine sentiment (PTI)
Paper: White (PTI), Basic Grey: Origins and Sugar Rush
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Other: Hole punch to create my own paper brads, straw ribbon, circle punch (Marvy)

9 comments:

Ida P. Krause said...

Very sweet card. Love the CAS look and what an adorable image.

Rachel Hope said...

So sweet! I just love Stella!!!!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Ahhhh, this is just adorable!!

Edie said...

Oh I know that feeling. Glad you found some mojo bbbuuuudddyyyy!
Cuteness!

Amy said...

Stella looks sooo pretty, love your card Colleen!

Jessica said...

Such a sweet card!! And I love that you created paper brads - I never think to do that!

Yvonne said...

Love this take on the cupckae inspiration.

Lindsay M. said...

Awwww what an adorable card!!! That image is too cute!!! I love it!!! Great colors!!!

Tracy said...

Hi Colleen!!! So good to have you back. And with such a FANTASTIC card. LOVE IT! This cutie is definately at the top of my TGF wish list. Your coloring is great too. Thank you so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursday this week! Hope you will be back soon! Hugs, Tracy