Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #31


Hello there! It's time for a sweet treat again (but have no fear, in case you over indulged yourself yesterday on Halloween this treat you don't have to eat). All you need to do is take a look at this delicious, happy, and sweet little cupcake and let it inspire you to create something handmade!

Rachel picked out another goodie...didn't she? As soon as I looked at this cupcake I knew the paper I wanted to use as well as the stamps. I think the overall card turned out pretty well. I did
struggle a bit with the layout but I eventually worked it all out. Do you like my 2nd attempt at "jazzing" up my photos? :)


Anyway, I pulled out my Basic Grey: June Bug Collection from the HSE store, my Little Lady set from PTI and got to creating. I even paper-pieced the ladybug's wings with the Basic Grey: June Bug paper and just colored the dots in black. I know, I know after almost losing my eyesight coloring in a million dots for last week's card I said I would never do it again...however it only consisted of using 1 color Copic and it was a very small area. I think it turned out just perfect for this card. I mounted the wings/body with some dimensionals from Zva Creative. I also placed 2 Zva Creative Jet Black Crystals from Hope Stamps Eternal on the Little Lady's antenna.

Now go check out what the other Sweeties have come up with for this week and then hopefully you will be inspired to create something yourself! Remember when uploading to online galleries to use keyword: CIC31 or you can link up your post to Rachel's blog using Mr. Linky.

HSE SWEETIES

12 comments:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

cuuuute, great polka dottd paper...perfect!

enjoy *~*

Ida P. Krause said...

Love the Polka Dots and Ladybug - So very cheery.

Cheryl said...

Cute! Great pic too! I LUV Ladybugs! Did my daughters nursery in them!

Rachel Hope said...

LOVE it! Striking, Bold and Beautiful!

Carolina said...

How very sweet! Love that ladybug and so perfectly matched with the DP!!!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

I got one word for you girl - ADORABLE!!! Love this! Hugs,

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, how sweet and what a perfect stamp set to use for this challenge! Love the staging for your photo, too! :)

Bonnie said...

Sooo perfect! Love that lady bug!

Tammi said...

So pretty in the bright red and yellow and love the polka dots!

Kelli said...

Beautiful!!

Jessica said...

I'm SO behind with leaving comments, but this is so freakin adorable!!

Tea Time Consultants said...

Great looking sweet treats. Check out: http://www.cupcakecrafter.blogspot.com