Monday, October 12, 2009

JUGS & MOJO

Ha! What a title that is for this post today! :) They both have meaning. I am participating for the first time with a NEW Challenge Blog - Just Us Girls (aka JUGS)and also participating in today's Mojo Monday Challenge...and I am actually doing it on MONDAY!!! Can I get a "WOO HOO?"

Anyway, I am a girl who loves her challenges so this Just Us Girls Challenge Blog sounds like it's going to be lots of fun and very inspiring!

I figured since it is the month of October and it's Breast Cancer Awareness month that I'd go with a "PINK" theme and make a card to show support for Breast Cancer Awareness.

The challenge from the JUGS blog was to use paper piecing on your card. I did quite a bit of that to create some fun pink outfits for these 2 ladies. Both of their shirts and skirts are paper pieced. You can see the Mojo Monday Sketch 108 HERE.

I thought it only fitting to add a Pink Ribbon to show support for the cause.

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Think Pink (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Sweet Blush, Rasberry Fizz, White, Bitty Dot Basics (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Rasberry Fizz (PTI)
Other: Sweet Blush Twill (PTI), White Button (PTI), Copics

13 comments:

Carolina Herrera said...

Great Girl Card. Love the outfits.

Lisa Kind said...

This is just lovely, Colleen, and so fitting for this challenge! Love the paper piecing and the pink ribbon! Thanks for participating in our JUGs challenge and we hope to see you next week!

Rachel Hope said...

And of course, you HATED having to use pink ;) LOVE it!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Colleen this is mojolicious! It's obvious to me that you took it to heart to work on the breast cancer awareness theme idea - right down to the ribbon! I love the ourfits - and the image is awesome. I made one of my good friends go with me to get her first ever mammo - so this coulda' been us - LOL she is in her 40s and NEVER had one -ever!

Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. I hope you really had fun and will come back again!

Tracey Cuccia said...

YEAH! This card is AWESOME!! I love absolutely EVERYTHING about it!

Thanks for playing along with us this week -- hope that you'll be back again on Saturday!!

Kristin Bueter said...

Oh Colleen! Love your sweet, pink card! That image is just perfect in so many ways for this challenge (from the paper piecing to friends supporting each other). Also just adore the ribbon you added with the button! So cute!

We're so happy you could play with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for our color challenge!!

Banu said...

WOW Beautiful Card...I really liked how you used the Ribbon with the button. Great job on Paper Piercing. Loved it :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Terrific card. I like the paper pieced skirts and how you used the "support" style ribbon for your detail.

Maria Levine said...

Great job with this challenge! I love what you did. Thanks for playing along with Just The Girls!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

I love all the pink outfits you paper pieced! So feminine & fantastic way to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Thanks for playing in the Just Us Girls Challenge! I hope to see many more of your creations! :) TFS

rhonda said...

beautiful card. i love the way you did the ribbon. very nice!

Terri E. said...

This is so fun with many layers of pink. LOVE IT. Way to rock the JUGS challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Dana Gustafson said...

How pretty! I love these girls with their sweet pink outfits. They are so classy and sassy! What a wonderufl card to celebrate your girlfriends in life!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!