Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun & Funky

Hello all! As you read this I am probably on the road making my way to visit family in Tennessee for a few days. What a perfect time to be going, since I really should be at home packing for the move. :) However, not everything is “official” for the move and family comes first. So the stress will begin when I come home next week. Right?

Here is a fun card I came up with the other day. Just taking a lesson from my stamping idol: Dawn McVey. That girl knows how to seriously work any stamp into a fabulous background. I honestly don’t have too much to choose from in that area, but I saw these polka dot circles from Floral Frenzy from PTI and thought it might work. I truly love the end result. It’s fun and funky, don’t ya think? I kind of went off a layout I used last Sunday (which actually came from a card I CASE’d by Dawn). I made quite a few changes, but I just love the look of adding Zva Crystals to the holes in this Fiskars: Threading Water border punch.
SUPPLIES
Stamps: Floral Frenzy (PTI)
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Green Galore
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Craft White, Tuxedo Black
Other: White Ribbon (Hobby Lobby), Prismacolor Marker to color the ribbon, Copic Spica Glitter Pen, Zva Crystals

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it!! So much fun!

Rachel Hope said...

Fun! Great colors, layout and LOVE the fun funky polka dot design!