Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #28

Happy Sunday! And Happy Cupcake Day too! Rachel has chosen some gorgeous cupcakes as our inspiration for this week.

I am not sure if my card entirely pulls from these pretty cupcakes or not, but in all honesty when I saw these, I just knew that I wanted to use this pretty sheet of paper from the Basic Grey Lemonade Collection: Cabbage Rose. Just something about it reminded me of these cupcakes.

Sadly, I am a bit out of mojo, so my card was CASE'd from one of my Stamping Idols: Dawn McVey. You can see the card HERE. I just loved everything about this card, so I wanted to re-create it with this pretty paper.

My mojo has gone out the door due to the fact that we are in talks to sell our townhome. We were about to take it off the market when we got a call on the 1st of October. We got an offer the very next day! I am trying not to get too excited, because there are still lots of factors that play into it all...but needless to say, my mind is not all there as I am focused on positive thoughts that the offer goes through...in which we will need to be out of our home by the first week of November. ACK! NOT a lot of time to prepare and pack...but I will happily accept it.

Anyway, onto my card. I used Cabbage Rose from the Basic Grey Lemonade Collection. The buttons are from Imaginisce: Stitchin' Buttons (they are no longer in stock but check out all the goodies available from Imaginisce at HSE) and the pretty, pink, sparkly gems are from Memory Box.

The HSE Sweeties would love for you to play along and share your creation with us on Rachel's Blog using Mr. Linky. If you upload to online galleries please make sure to use keyword: CIC28. Also, don't forget to check out what the rest of the Sweeties have created this week. (FYI - Jessica will not be participating this week. She is out of town.)



HSE SWEETIES


6 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

OH! I Love it! Clean and simple but it really pops!

Congrats on the house, will you buy another one right away?

StinkerbellSteph said...

Very pretty and congrats on your great news! Love the sparkly gems on the edge like that.

Carolina said...

Oh this turned out adorable!!! Love the jewels down the scallop edge and the button is just the perfect touch!

Bonnie said...

I think this is so sweet and I DO see the cabbage roses! Fabulous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I see LOTS of mojo here, Colleen! This is beautiful!!!

Heather P. said...

Wowzers! What a gorgeous card! Absolutely LOVE it! :)