Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chicks and JUGS and a little Mojo

LOL! I make myself laugh with these titles sometimes. :)
The challenge over on Just Us Girls (aka JUGS) this week is a color challenge. Click HERE to see all the deets.
We were told to use some sort of aqua, red, and cream. I used Aqua Mist and Vintage Cream from PTI and Real Red from SU.
The stamp set is Everyday Button Bits from PTI. I just love this set. It's so versatile and fun. And did I mention I absolutely love this color combo? I can honestly say, that while I am a PINK girl through and through, Aqua Mist is one of my all time favorite colors in the stamping world!
Of course, you'd never know, because I don't tend to use it a lot, but there is good reason for that. I AM HOARDING IT! Ya know? Cuz I might run out and never be able to get more. LOL!

I also used the layout from this past week's Mojo Monday, but I didn't follow it to the "t."


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (PTI)
Paper: Bitty Dots (PTI), Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream (PTI) Real Red (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red (SU), Aqua Mist (PTI)
Other: Ribbon (Michael's), Buttons (PTI)

11 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

CUTE!!!! Great job on the color challenge!!

bluepoohbear75 said...

Great job. I love the buttons made into birds, soo cute. TFS.

Dana Gustafson said...

THis is too cute Colleen! The birds from the button bits set are so fun! And, by the way, is it worng to hoard your aqua mist?? hee hee...I LOVE that color too and have found it goes with almost everything now. funny! But, back to your cutie card...I am loving the great bitty dot paper, fab buttons and bitty dot hand cut wings. I am so glad you joined Just Us GIrls for the challenge this week!

debbies said...

There is that cute button set and I bet you'll get the winter one too!

Laurel said...

Love it. I have this stamp set and use if often! You card is just awesome! Inspiration to me! TFS!

Pinky said...

You know I have been hearing through the grapevine about JUGS, maybe I need to go check it out! Sounds like a fun bunch of crafters!!!
TFS! Adorable card BTW if you want me to add your blog to my blog list just sent me a quick note!

There is a huge contest on my blog, I would love for you to check it out and pass it along, from one crafty chick to another creative chick!
~Pinky~

Pinky said...

OMG your Halloween sounds like a hoot! Thanks so much!

Stampin' Pam said...

Ha ha ha ha - I loved your title for the post :-) Your card is absolutely adorable - love the button bit birdies with the bitty dot paper - (ooo say that a few times fast). Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. Hope to see you back on Saturday for a brand new challenge.

Kristin Bueter said...

What an ADORABLE card, Colleen!! Love your little chickadees ;] Just looking at it makes me happy! Great distribution of the colors from our challenge! This turned out so cute!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!! Hope you can join us again on Saturday for a fun 3-D challenge hosted by our sweet Mona!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Geez, I just have to give in and buy Button Bits! This is way too cute!!! Thanks for enabling!

Jessica said...

You make me laugh with your titles too! This is SUCH a cute card! I love those colors together, but am not sure I've ever paired them up myself. And you're making me want to finally ink up my button bits set after letting it sit for months!