Monday, August 17, 2009

Fall To Layout #55

When I saw this past weekend's Fall to Layout I knew I wanted to create a card with this sketch. I just wasn't sure what set to use. I immediately wanted to reach for my PTI: In Bloom set, but I feel like I have been falling back to that set a lot, so I was trying to think of something else to use.

An idea popped into my head to use Polka Dot Basics from PTI and make the featured embellishment a larger circle. Unfortunately, the card looked much better in my head. Personally, I think that it may just be the color choice I chose. I am annoyed that my Taken With Teal ink pad doesn't seem to be as vibrant as the cardstock. So it makes the card look a little dull or something.

I may try to attempt this idea one more time with a better color choice. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself that I always reach for pink? Look what happens when I venture outside the "Pink Zone." LOL!
















SUPPLIES
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics (PTI) Cupcake Collection (PTI)
Paper - White (PTI), Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal (SU)
Ink - Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Other - Large Circle Bubbles (Jo-Anns), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (CB)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I think it's awesome and I love these colors! Very cool idea to use a larger circle as the embellishment!

Rachel Hope said...

Love the big shiny circle...I think it s bright and fun!

Jane said...

I like it!
How did you get the circle so shiny? Is it a pre made embellishment?

Sara said...

Very cute, love the polka dots!

Tammi said...

I really like these colors and all those polka dots! Great card Colleen!

memory-scrap said...

Hi, sorry not been around of late, my daughter has been poorly so just catching up now! I love the card personally, but I know exactly what you mean about using colours you don't normally choose. I always favour antique colours and then if I do something bright I normally feel disappointed with the result. I think you have done a great job on this and really you don't need to change it, Love Jane xx