Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #21

Hello and welcome to another super fun Cupcake Inspiration Challenge from Rachel over at Hope Stamps Eternal. The HSE Sweeties have some wonderful creations to share with you!

This week's cupcakes are super fun! When I saw these yummy treats I was inspired by the colors, so that is where I drew my inspiration from.

I went to my Basic Grey 6x6 Paper Packs: June Bug and Lemonade and I even paired that paper up with one of the stamps from the Basic Grey stamp collection. I used the Friday Sketch #73 from Prairie Paper & Ink (I switched it up just a tad, but it was the base for my layout). Right now I have a love affair with all things cherry so I was delighted to use this fun stamp and I was even more delighted when I realized that the Zva Crystal Rhinestones were the PERFECT SIZE to add to the cherries on my tree! Don't you just LOVE it? I also created my own little "brads" by punching 3 yellow dots out with my largest whole punch and then covering them with some Diamond Glaze.
And there you have it, another week down, another Cupcake Inspiration Challenge. Don't forget to check out what the other HSE Sweeties have created this week based on their inspiration from these delicious looking cupcakes! And as always, please link your challenge card over on Rachel's blog using Mr. Linky and when uploading to online galleries use keyword CIC21.
HSE SWEETIES

SUPPLIES
Stamps - Cherry Tree (Basic Grey Stamp Gamma Series)
Paper - White, Lemon Tart (PTI), June Bug (Basic Grey), Lemonade (Basic Grey)
Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU)
Other - Red Rhinestones (Zva), Diamond Glaze, Copic YG67, corner rounder punch (CM), standard hole punch

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the red rhinestones as apples!! How perfect! s

Rachel Hope said...

OHHHH Look how the cherries pop with the crystals! Awesome!!! Love it

memory-scrap said...

This is great!!!! Love those cherries, and your colours are spot on, what a great job! Looking at those cupcakes just shows up what I've just done this afternoon. I tried to make cupcakes (some lemon, some coffee and walnut, you know trying to be all clever!), well they look rubbish!!!! They taste nice but look so bad! Definately not goingt o offer those around! Love Jane xx

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute! I'm gonna' have to get some of those teeny crystals now for my cherry tree, too!

Carolina said...

Soooo cute!!! What a wonderful take on the inspiraiton piece - who would have thought this tree was just perfect for it - love it!

Heather P. said...

This is soooooo pretty! Love the colors!

Jane said...

Love that cherry tree!!!!
And the sentiment is also so cute!
Nice work on making the "brads"!

Jessica said...

I love THIS!! And how freakin clever are you to create those brads???

Ida P. Krause said...

Very cute. Love the cherry tree image.

Tammi said...

Love what you did with the cherries, they just shine! A beautiful card Colleen!