Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #20

Happy Sunday! Another week has come and gone. My how time flies! Today is another great challenge from Rachel using a very beautiful cupcake picture as our inspiration. I know I say it almost every week, but these cupcakes are just too pretty to eat!

I honestly struggled with this one. So it was definitely a challenge. :) I think as pretty as the color purple is too me, it's not my friend when it comes to stamping. Or maybe I don't have enough variety of purple to play with?

Of course, just because this cupcake is full of purples, does not mean you have to go with the color scheme, but that's what jumped out at me when I saw this Cupcake Inpsiration. I was stuck on the purple and could not step outside of the box.

So after much thought and a shout out to my mojo I created this card using this past week's Sketch Challenge on SCS.

Isn't this image just adorable? I chose her because of her pretty flower. It reminded me a bit of the flowers on the cupcake. This is Hula Anya and you can get your very own over at Hope Stamps Eternal. I used Zva Creative Rhinestones (in purple) on the flower in her hair and also gave her a belly button ring with one. :) The brads are from Imaginisce and although you may not be able to tell in the picture they are glittery! I also added a tad bit of Stardust Stickles to the flower as well as to her flip flops.

Check out the HSE Store because Rachel just got a bunch of new stuff in stock!! Including NEW The Greeting Farm stamps and COSMO CRICKET paper! Get it before it's gone because I just know these items are gonna sell like hot cakes!

I'd also like to introduce you to our first HSE Sweetie - Guest Designer:
Maureen Wong at My C.A.S.E. Studies

And of course don't forget to check out what the other HSE Sweeties have to share! Remember if you play along to link your creation up to Rachel's blog: Hope Stamps Eternal and to use keyword CIC20 when uploading to online galleries. HAVE FUN STAMPING!

Bonnie - Carolina - Kelli - Michelle - Natalie - Tammy - Jess

SUPPLIES
Stamps - HG Sing (The Greeting Farm), Things Hanna Would Say (Hanna Stamps)
Paper - Plum Pudding, Text Style Guidelines PP, White (PTI)
Ink -
Tuxedo Black (Memento), Perfect Plum (SU)
Other - Copics,
Stardust Stickles, Glitter Brads (Imaginisce), Rhinestones (Zva)

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet Colleen!! Purple is such a difficult colour for me to use, so this week was HARD.... (*whining*) but your card is perfect!!

Rachel Hope said...

OHHH, so sweet! Love how you colored her and the belly bling is Kewl!!!

Jane said...

I really like this card!
She has a real island feel to her!!

Maureen said...

SO cute! Love that image and all the glitter!

Jessica said...

This is fabulous!! I love everything about it! Especially her belly button ring, LOL!

Edie said...

AW! Man that layout is cute and your coloring is amazing, too! Look at her highlights! ;)

Carolina said...

Eek - soooo cute! Love how you colored here and the glitter brads are the perfect touch!

Tammi said...

Yes she is, this is SO cute...and I love it in purple! Too cute that you added a purple belly button ring and love her sparkly flip flops. :)

christie5hs said...

I just love her! and ALL of your cards on this blog! You are very talented.