Monday, August 10, 2009

Clean & Simple: Fall To Layout #54

Well it's Monday...and after getting myself back into the swing of things last week, I told myself that this week it was time to get back into my crafting routine in the afternoon while my little man naps.
Today I was inspired by the Clean & Simple blog. I knew the instant I saw this layout that I wanted to use my new set from PTI: In Bloom.

I started to reach for pink...but, seriously, while I love pink, I need to sometimes venture outside that glittery, pink box of mine. :) So I chose PTI's Melon Berry. I am sure most of you would say it is still in that pink"ish" family...but hey, it's not bright pink or bubblegum pink, so it's a start!
I am not such a talented drawer nor did I feel like I could even create straight lines around my card with a ruler. So I cheated and went the monochromatic route and cut out another piece of Melon Berry and sponged around the edges of it with Chocolate Chip ink.
SUPPLIES:
Stamps - In Bloom, Scattered Showers sentiment (PTI)
Paper - Melon Berry (PTI)
Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU)
Other - Fall To Layout #54

8 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

It is Gorgeous Colleen! Exactly what I had in mind for this challenge!

For some reason the Melon Berry looks like Kraft on my screen!?!?!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty!! Awesome take on the sketch! :)

chelemom said...

This is a GORGEOUS card!!! I noticed you are from Illinois. Me too! Southsider.....Sox fan. Where ya from?

Jessica said...

This is gorgeous! Such an awesome use of the sketch!

Edie said...

WOW! That looks amazing!

Natasha said...

Beautiful! Love the soft sponging of the chocolate with the melon!

Jane said...

What a simple and cute card!

Edie said...

It's so hard not to reach for pink!
This card is so amazing! I love it!