Friday, August 21, 2009

The Character Cafe AUGUST Blog Hop!

Hi there! Happy Friday! I am so happy to welcome you to the 3rd Character Cafe Blog Hop, and also my last as a member of the DT! It's been a great run, but it's time to move on and that means they will be looking for new members, so stay tuned to The Character Cafe Blog for more info.
It's the 3rd Friday of the month and that means NEW IMAGES from TCC!!!! Thanks for stopping on my blog to check out what TCC has in store for you with their newest digital images!

First thing's first, if you didn't arrive here from Kelly and Kendra's blog, then you'll want to stop reading right now and click HERE to start at the very beginning. I promise in a few short clicks you'll end up back here! Check out all the great projects The Character Cafe DT has created with the newest and of course, super cute Character Cafe images! They've made sure to include some fun holiday images in this release.
Please make sure to start at the beginning because TCC is giving away a great prize (4 FREE images of your choice for 1st Prize and 2 FREE images of your choice for the 2nd prize). In order to be eligible you need to visit the blog of each DT member and leave a comment. If you happen to mention our Blog Hop somewhere else on the net you will also get another entry.
At the end of my post there is a code for an awesome 30% off your Character Cafe order!! As a BONUS all existing members and new members will recieve a FREE image after the Blog Hop is over. Don't forget to scroll all the way through this post so you know where to head next to receive your 30% off discount code, which is good through Tuesday, August 25th.
I was assigned this true to life drawing of 2 puppies and a kitty, titled "Strange Harmony." It just so happens that my sister in law just got a new puppy so I thought I'd make her a cute little treat bag for her new little family member.
Here is a little snippet of the topper up close. I colored the image in with Copics.

And here is the treat bag as a whole. I think it turned out pretty cute and I am sure her little puppy, Dakota, will enjoy it too.

THANKS FOR VISITING! Please remember to leave a comment!

30% Discount Code: 58620271

Now it's time to hop on over to Elaine's blog. Don't forget to leave a comment on all of the DT's blogs in order to be eligible for the grand prize!

GOOD LUCK!!!

26 comments:

Kendra said...

So cute Colleen! I love that you made a treat topper out of it... I've been wanting to do that for a while now... it's fantastic, just the inspiration I needed :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Very cute Colleen I love the coloring and what a cute idea!!! That image really came alive on your project!!!

I will miss you on this team it has been a fun time!!! (Not that it is over yet, but you know what I mean!!!)

I hope you are enjoying all of your travels this summer!!! Do it all you can now because once you have more kiddos and then one gets into school it is much harder to do so keep up the fun traveling and visiting!!! I miss being able to pack up my two girls and head out to visit family and friends!!! Now it is two girls and a boy and way to hard to do on my own!!! LOL!!!!

Heather

Rachel Hope said...

Awwww, I'm sure the little pooch will love his little treaters!!!

memory-scrap said...

I expect Dakota will be a very excited, slobbery puppy when this arrives!!! What a great idea to use the stamped image as a topper for a treat bag, very smart! Your colouring is lovely too, a really great job done, Take care, Love Jane xx

Kelly said...

Hi Colleen,
Great idea for a treat topper.
I never seem to think outside the box when it comes to ideas...great inspiration. Your colouring is so realistic, really makes the image come alive.
You rocked the image again this week!!
Kelly

Scrap2day said...

How adorable is Strange Harmony. I would have never thought to make a dog treat bag! So creative!
Love this image! Great idea for a gift to my dog under the tree!

Amanda K said...

Such a cute idea! The puppy and kitty are adorable! TFS

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Awwww great idea, I'm sure her puppy will love these little treats Hugs Julie x

Shelley said...

This is a very cute image and you have done this image justice. Love the bag. hugs Shelley

Steph said...

Colleen, this is just fantastic! I saw this image and I'm totally intimidated by all that colouring; you totally ROCKED it!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

How sweet!

Debbie Yates said...

Strange Harmony....just so stinkin' cute!

Lois said...

Colleen, what a lucky puppy. Very cute.

TesaB said...

Aaaaawww!!! How cute is this??? The image is totally adorable, and wow what a great coloring! Love the idea too, totally creative and simply perfect for this image! Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

what a very cute and clever idea! This would make a super cute gift for our 4 legged friends for their holiday stockings! Thanks for sharing!

Billie said...

Great project, Colleen! The wheels are turning with all sorts of Christmas goodies now!!! I can use this image for my dog & cat and do other images for Mail-lady, teachers, neighbors, classmates....the list is endless!

I sure am going to miss your work on the DT, but I'm super excited to see what you come up with on other projects!!

Jane said...

This is so sweet Colleen!
And i love that you made a treat bag for a little dog! That is such a cute idea!

Kai1 said...

How adorable my little yorkie would love those treats :).

Angie said...

So cute!!! Love the puppy images and love how you colored them and used as a cute treat topper:)

Julie E said...

The puppy images are so cute - my sister just got 2 puppies and I have to admit I have been a very neglectful aunt, I may have to case this to make up for not giving a "welcome" gift!

Piali said...

Super cute!!!! Lovely coloring...have to make one for my furry one.

Sandie Oxley said...

Tht was so sweet of you. Great idea for a treat topper.

Deanne Burton said...

Oh how adorable!!! Love the treat bag!!! Hopping along!!! Thanks for the opportunity to win some free stamps!!!

Maria Matter said...

This is wonderful! Colored fabulously Colleen!
Blessings, Maria

Tammi said...

Wonderful coloring, love this idea, very cute!

Jessica said...

Ooooh, great project! And what a darling image! :-)