Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thanks a bot!

I recently found this awesome blog, CPS-Card Sketches. I don't know where I have been hiding, but I am happy to have found this fun blog! I just love sketches. So I created a card using Sketch #124 -------------------------------------------->

I could not resist the urge to purchase this cute S-U Inkie from SUINK. Even though I am not a part of the DT anymore, it doesn't change my love for these super cute stamps! These S-U Inkies rock, because they are super affordable and they will be adding to the collections in the coming months.
I lack boy stamps (and between my family and friends I am surrounded by boys). So this was a cute little robot that would be perfect for boy cards! Of course, if you know me, I cannot resist anything PINK! I gotta keep my sparkly, girly side, right? And sometimes, with a boy-themed stamp, I like to go that extra mile and challenge myself to make it "girly." Do you think I succeeded with this card? LOL!
It doesn't quite show in the picture, but I stamped the robot onto white CS, then stamped it again onto Pixie Pink CS and cut it out. It is mounted on Zva Adhesive Dots (HSE). I stamped the robot's face onto white again and cut that out and mounted it as with another size of Zva Adhesive Dots. So this little "girly-bot" just POPS out of the card!

STAMPS: Thanks a Bot (SUINK), Polka Dot Basics, Retro Basics (PTI) PAPER: Pixie Pink (SU), Black, White (PTI) INK: Palette Noir, Pixie Pink (SU) OTHER: Copic Spica Glitter Pen, Memory Box Jewel Stickers (HSE)

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Adorable! You totally made him girly! The background looks awesome, and I love the line of jewel stickers!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That is so cute! Perfect for the girl into Star Wars or the new Star Trek or any science fiction. I would have adored getting a card like that when I was a little girl.

Rachel Hope said...

LOL....Evaaaaaaa...sorry, I just thought of Wall-E when I saw that girlie bot!!! Great card

debbies said...

This reminds me of Rosie on the Jetsons. CUTE

Sara said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest!! Love love all your pink!

Ann said...

Super cute! Love this in pink!

Carolina said...

You've made this robot absolutely adorable!!! What a sweet card.

Linda Beeson said...

This is truly adorable! I just love the colors you picked to use on your card and what a great use of the CPS sketch.

amber said...

very cute card! i'm not a huge fan of robots, but that one is just precious! thanks for sharing!

Cindy Karasz said...

so cute! i like the sketch! all robots should be pink! ;)