Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #16

Happy Sunday! Rachel is hosting another Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week and this cupcake is soooooo pretty!!! --------------------->>>
Don't ya think? You can check out all the details at her blog: Hope Stamps Eternal. Don't forget to check out the great stuff she's got in her store as well! And while you are surfing the net make sure to check out all the other cards the HSE Design Team has whipped up! (you can see the full list at the end of my post).
My card doesn't follow the colors from this Cupcake Inspiration, but I tried to pull what I could from it. I just really wanted to use more of my new paper from Basic Grey: June Bug. I saw this particular pattern paper and it reminded me of the cute little flower sitting on top of that cupcake. So instead of using the coral-ish color the picture shows I went with more of an orange.
STAMPS: Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages (PTI) PAPER: Pumpking Pie, Pink Pirouette (SU), Vintage Cream (PTI) INK: Chocolate Chip (SU) OTHER: Sakura White Gel Pen (HSE), Stardust Stickles (HSE), Zva Adhesive Pop Dots (HSE), Scallop Circle Punch (SU), Circle Punches (CM)

I created the background myself to match the circles in the picture. I used PTI's Polka Dot Basics for the dot and the two smaller circles, but the larger circle is done using a Sakura White Gel Pen and tracing a scrap piece of paper punched with a circle punch.
Unfortunately, this card looks much better in real life...because I actually crimped the
Basic Grey: June Bug paper and then lined the creases with Stardust Stickles. That flower is is one of those handmade flower embellishments that are all the rage these days. I really love making them!


CHECK OUT THE OTHER AWESOME CARDS FROM THE HSE DT:
***If you take the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge remember to use keyword CIC16 when uploading to all online galleries...and make sure to link it to Rachel's blog.

8 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

This is so so pretty! Love the crimped w/ stickles look!

Carolina said...

Simply perfect! Wonderful background and the flower for your sentiment is darlin'!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous! Love the fresh bright colours!!

Maria Matter said...

Colleen, this is so pretty! love the sentiment flower!
Blessings, Maria

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE! I LOVE how you did the circles in the background!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Super cute! Love the layered sentiment/flower part and LOVE that BG paper, such a match to the circles!! Great job!

Jessica said...

This is awesome!!! We had a similar idea with creating our backgrounds, but your tracing the big circles with a gel pen was brilliant!!

Heather said...

Oooo I love all the orange and I really think this goes so well with the picture!!! I have seen this challenge a few times today on other blogs!!

Heather