Thursday, June 4, 2009

SUINK - Thinking of Father (with a twist)

Hi there! Today I am showing you a few cards using SUINK's "Thinking of Father" stamp set that was just released on the 1st of June. As you can see, my first card is just a simple, traditional card for a wonderful dad on Dad's Day (which is coming up in just a few weeks). But, being the "girly girl" that I am, as I was stamping this card to showcase some cards for Dad I had a vision...scroll down to see just how versatile this set can be!

Stamps: Thinking of Father (SUINK) Paper: Core'dinations (SUINK), White (GSP) Ink: Palette Noir


I MADE A TOTAL CHICK CARD!!! When I was stamping the crown on the card above it just came to me. I could block the "Dad's Rule" sentiment and make a girly card using this super cute crown! I used the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment from this set, but masked out "Father's" so that it now reads "Happy Day!" And there you have it, you can "girlify" just about anything with a little pink and sparkle! LOL!

STAMPS: Thinking of Father (SUINK) PAPER: Core'dinations (SUINK), White (GSP) INK: Palette Noir OTHER: SU Scallop Punch and Corner Rounder punch, Bling , Copic Spica Glitter Pen



6 comments:

Tammi said...

Cute how you changed it up and made it girly, love that! Awesome cards Colleen!

Leslie said...

Love it -- especially the chick one!

Rachel Hope said...

Great cards...I like both of them, but the pink one is especially Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great card and love how you made a girly version!
LOSTie Debbie

Kristie said...

Great cards! I adore the pink one!

Cindy Karasz said...

Very cute! I love how you made a chick version! :)