Monday, June 1, 2009

SUINK JUNE RELEASE - BLOG HOP!


Hello! Happy June 1st! Can you believe almost half of the year has gone by already? WOWZA! Time flies when you're stamping and having fun, huh?

Welcome to your 5th stop on the SUINK Blog Hop! If you are just starting out, then please stop reading (I promise you'll find your way back to me) and head on back to Laura's blog. She's the first stop on the Blog Hop! If you just arrived here from Leigh's blog then WELCOME MATEY! It's my turn to show you another fun sneak peek at one of SUINK's newest stamp set releases! Your next stop will be Cathleen's Blog!


I've made 3 cards to show you using the new Shiver Me Timbers set. This set is so versatile and fun! There are a lot of great cards and projects to be made.


I'm a girly girl. I live in a house with my hubby and my 2.5 year old son. I need a PINK outlet whenever I can. So I thought this was a super fun girly pirate card! I've been into stamping my own background paper lately, and when I saw these skulls I just knew they'd be perfect for that!

STAMPS: Shiver Me Timbers (SUINK) PAPER: Pink Passion, Basic Black, White (SU) INK: Palette Noir, Pink Passion (SU) OTHER: Copic Glitter Spica Pen, Ribbon, Button (SUINK)

For my next card I knew I wanted to try for a very distressed look. Pirates always seem to look pretty distressed and ragged in their clothes, don't you think? Core'dinations paper fit the bill for this effect! Have you tried that paper out yet? If not, you really should! There are so many wonderful ways to use it. I crumpled it up and sanded it and then rubbed the raised parts with a brown inkpad to give it some more character.
Stamps: Shiver Me Timbers (SUINK) Paper: White (SU), Core'dinations (SUINK) Ink: Palette Noir, Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: Copic Markers, sand paper



For my last card I wanted to show off a new specialty paper pack from Core'dinations: The Whitewash Collection. This cardstock offers a beautiful color under a white wash finish when sanded or torn. I sanded this paper to give the look of a nice blue sky with a bit of white for a cloud effect. The water is another piece of blue Core'dinations paper, which I crumpled and tore to give it the look of an ocean filled with waves. I stamped the boat and cut it out and mounted it into the sea. STAMPS: Shiver Me Timbers (SUINK) PAPER: Core'dinations (SUINK), White (SU) INK: Palette Noir OTHER: Copic markers

That's all from me! Don't forget to leave a comment here so you can have a chance to win ALL 5 NEW STAMP SETS from SUINK! Remember you have to leave a comment on each DT members blog and leave a final comment on the SUINK Blog telling us which new set is your favorite. Now off you go to Cathleen's Blog, she is the next stop on the Blog Hop.


Thanks for hoppin'!

63 comments:

Etha said...

what wonderful samples!! I really like how you made the card with the boat, that water is super!

NormaB said...

Great cards. What a fun stamp set.

Christina said...

OH MY my 9 yearold daughter would love that girly pirate card!

granmaknit said...

You were ambitious, great samples and love cards for boys.

Lorie said...

Wow, you just turned that set from cute to creative! Fun cards!

Kelly Haberstroh said...

I have to say the same as Christina ... my 10 year old is so into the skulls ... LOVE it ... love all of them ... you rock!!

Jessica said...

I love them all! That crumpled look with the coredinations paper is awesome!

Karen said...

You crumple Core'dinations paper beautifully!!! Thanks for showing some of the sentiments included in the stamp set. I was curious about those after seeing the set on Kristen's blog. Your samples give an extended view of additional stamps in the set. Thanks!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Each of your cards is cute! I really like the crumpled paper with your handsome pirate, how you created the water for the ship, and your handmade skull designer paper! Your coloring is fabulous!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh dear! these are adorable!! i'm loving this pirate set!! arrrghh!!

silvia said...

Fun cards!! LOVE them!!

thestampinglady said...

Great examples. I love the boat on the water card best! Very creative use of paper. TFS.

Tracey said...

Fabulous cards! I love that you made a girly one!

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten and Savannah said...

The pirates and ships are so neat! Thanks for showing us!

Jane said...

Very nice samples. Thanks for sharing.

manybooks said...

The cards afe fabulous - I especially like how you did the boat and water!

Laura said...

Look at you; 3 samples. You go girl! They are AlL great. I love the pink you used on the skull card and I really love how you crinkled the Core'dinations cardstock for the water on the last card. GREAT JOB!

suzy0820 said...

Great card, what a versatile set.

Cheryl said...

Colleen!!! I sooooo want the skull and cross-bones. Love the pink card! You're sooo good!

Debbie Thomson said...

These cards are cute I like the ship one the best. Perfect for a boy birthday. Thanks for sharing your work
Debbie

Beth said...

I love your cards....very creative.

Scrappinology said...

very fun ways of using this stamp set!! Umagine a board game made with this!

April said...

You did an awesome job on those cards! I really love the pink piratey one... ;)
- April

Summer Loving Gal said...

love what you did with this set!

Melissa said...

Your cards are darling!, and loved that you photo'd them on plate stands! (great idea!)

Basement Stamper said...

awesome cards!!! I really like the girly skulls & bones!

4bees said...

Who doesn't love pink pirate stuff?!?! Great job, love this set, love your work.

Tammy said...

I like how versatile this set is with the different papers you used. Thanks for sharing with us today!

raindropecho said...

I love the clean and simple card that you made with the skulls. So cute!

Martha said...

so so cute, love it.

Jerusha said...

I cannot get enough of this set. Your pink card was just the funkiest punk girl card I've ever seen, I love it! And the other two, I love them!!! Thanks for sharing!!

deborah345 said...

Love how you did the water with the boat on it - another fun set...

ashjoy said...

Very cool, I need to make some teen cards to have on hand. I think this would be a perfect scraplift!

Jordannichole said...

I love all of your cards but my favorite is defiantly the first one... i love the colors!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I guess pirate girls couldn't wear dresses, could they? Cute card.

Elaine Wilson said...

Cute cards, I especially like the one with the ship. The way you did the water is really cool!
http://elainemwilson.blogspot.com/

AHadley said...

That skull and cross bones is awesome! Very fun set.

Scrapstampnmama said...

Love what you did with the "water" on the last one. Cute!

Norma R said...

love those stamps and you did a great job on the cards. Also loved looking through your site, very talented!

Tonya said...

Super cool creations! Thanks so much for sharing.

Carol O. said...

Thanks for sharing your cute cards. I really like your paper. This set is very versitile.

Natalie27 said...

That's right...pirates aren't just for boys...aaargh!

Denise Wenzloff said...

3 GREAT cards Colleen...Great use of all the images in the set

Jennifer said...

love the ship!
JEnnifer

Cathleen said...

Oh how cute and fun, Love your cards!

Julie said...

How cute!! 3 really easy simple cards. I love that something you can whip up in a jiff. I also love the Shimmer me Timbers set so far. Julie

Kelly said...

Love the pink! This is a very cute set and putting an unexpected twist (pink) on it is very clever of you.

ann marie said...

my kids will love the pirates. pink is great

pjangel said...

Great job & color combo

KanataNewf said...

Love the cards you created with this set.

Jessie said...

Loved your cards...the skull is my fave! Super cute!

love2stamp said...

Great cards! The first one is my favorite... love the pink and skull/crossbones together!

Rima said...

This is such a fun set, I love you girly pirate card Colleen, they are all a lot of fun.

x
Rima

Deb said...

These are all adorable! Such a great set, and it is fun to see it girlified! ;)

Rachel Hope said...

ACK!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

stampingwithsheryl.com said...

Love all 3 cards, but making a "boyish" set, girly is awesome!

janbos said...

Cute! I need a matey set!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Cute cards, I need to get this one, hope to win it! TFS, Hugs always, now off to the next one!

Barb said...

Your girly girl card was fantastic... My 14 yr old GD would die for it..
TFS,
Barb S (FL)
stamper0910@yahoo.com

Leigh OBrien said...

Awesome job with all of you piratey cards, Colleen! You are really workin' that paper too, girl.

Patty Chalas said...

I can't decide which one is prettiest!!!

Cindy Karasz said...

What a super cute set! I love your cards! The distressed look is perfect!

debbies said...

I would put some cute pirate talk in here, but I'm sure someone else has already beat me to it! Great cards Colleen!