Saturday, May 9, 2009

SUINK MAY RELEASE

Hello and happy Saturday! It's my day to share with you some of the newest products being released this month over at SUINK. This month things are rolling out a little different. There will be no new stamp sets released this month. HOWEVER, there are a bunch of awesome products that SUINK will be carrying. And we are taking these few days to show you all of these fun products, such as designer paper, buttons, ribbons, and more!

All of the products you see here on my blog and the blogs of the SUINK DT will be available for purchase on Wednesday, May 13th!

Up first is a journal I created using this fabulous line of paper from My Little Shoebox. I am so excited that SUINK will be carrying this line. I was so excited when I opened up my box of goodies for this month. The paper I received is gorgeous. It's all double sided as well...which makes it so easy to coordinate! I made one of those fun paper nested flowers to add as an embellishment. I used The Chocolate Box paper pad from Core'dinations. This paper ROCKS because it comes in a variety of browns, but when sanded, torn, or antiqued it exposes a beautiful color underneath! It went perfectly with this DP. I tore and sanded the paper along the binding of the journal. I also finished off the journal by adding some pretty saddle stitched yellow ribbon that SUINK will be carrying. I created a pocket card for my next project. I have not made one of these in a while and I thought it would be a perfect way to showcase the DP from My Little Shoebox. I also used The Chocolate Box paper pad from Core'dinations. I didn't do any sanding or tearing here except a tiny bit along the edges, I just used the reverse side to show off the green.


For the inside pocket card I used the chocolate paper and sanded around the edges and then mounted a smaller piece of the reverse side on top so you can add your own little message.



My next project is an 8x8 scrapbook page. I figured with Mother's Day coming up, this would be a perfect excuse to scrap a pretty page where I can insert pictures of me and my little guy giving each other Hugs & Kisses! I used the NEWEST Core'dinations release called White Wash. This paper is just as awesome as the Chocolate Box...only it's white and after tearing, sanding, or antiqueing there is a lovely hidden color! I used the reverse side of the White Wash cardstock for the borders around the picture. I used the white side for the border along the bottom of the page. I crinkled it and sanded it to expose the pretty green and I also tore it to add a little more flair to the page.


Next up? BUTTONS! SUINK will be carrying loads of buttons in a variety of colors! I created a very simple card using only buttons. It's a quick card for any occasion!

That's it from me today! Please make sure to hop on over to Danielle's blog to checkout her sneak peeks! There is more to come tomorrow from Janna and Cathleen! Don't forget to visit SUINK on May 13th to check out all the new products they have added!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Whoa, you have been busy! All of that paper is gorgeous! And I love how clean and simple that last card with the buttons is!

Tammi said...

Colleen, lots of beautiful projects here, that paper IS beautiful!! Have a very Happy Mother's Day! ~Hugs

Rachel Hope said...

WOW, great stuff! Love the journal!

Anonymous said...

Colleen - great job! Love the papers you used too!
LOSTie Debbie

Cheryl said...

Wow! That journal is really cool!

Leslie said...

Wow! Lots of great stuff! I really love the pocket card! Those are so much fun!

Laura said...

One word Colleen; WONDERFUL!!! I love what you did with the new products. I would have never thought to make a simple card like you did with the buttons; FABULOUS! I can't wait to see what else you create with the new products.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!