Friday, May 29, 2009

SUINK DT CHALLENGE - Mini Scrapbook

We had a special challenge offered to us this month between a few of the DT members of SUINK. The challenge was to create a mini-scrapbook. There were no rules except to use as many SUINK products as possible. I signed up because I love a good, fun challenge!


I decided to create a Paperbag Bragbook. I think these little scrapbooks are just perfect for any occasion. They would be great for teacher gifts, gifts for grandparents or other family members to give them at the end of the year showcasing a few of your child's/family's brightest moments throughout the year, a gift for a girlfriend (bachelorette themed, wedding themed,etc.) The list goes on and on. The best part about it...THEY ARE SUPER EASY TO MAKE!

I did not tailor mine to any specific occasion because I have not decided what I plan on doing with it. After you take a look at all the pictures I am sure you will realize how very versatile one of these bragbooks can be.

All the products you see here are from SUINK (aside from the 3 pieces of green ribbon...I didn't have any). All the plain/textured paper I used is from the Core'dinations line. The designer paper is also from SUINK by My Little Shoebox from the In The Garden line. Did you also know that SUINK carries buttons now too? Those were a perfect added embellishment to my flowers on the front and backside cover.


Scroll on down to check out my Paper Bag Bragbook from Cover to Cover.


I distressed the edges of the yellow Core'dinations paper with brown ink. After punching holes in the paper bags I added 3 ribbons to each hole and tied them which essentially holds the book together. I punched out a green scallop circle to create my own flower embellishment and used the DP for the inner part of the flower as well as a button. I will insert a title of some sort here on the front using a stamp from an SUINK set or my own handwriting.

The Paperbag Bragbook also has pockets for an insert, where you can write notes, store extra keepsakes, etc. Depending on how many paperbags you use the number of pockets vary. I have 3 pockets. For each insert I cut a 1 inch strip of DP and stapled it to the outer edge as a tab to make it easy to pull in and out. I also added a little strip of DP for some extra flair.

Here are the first 2 inside pages. You could mount pictures, memorabilia, ticket stubs, etc. depending on what sort of them you are going with. Depending on the theme I choose, I plan on stamping some sentiments/images with some of the many options I have available from the SUINK stamp line.

These are pages 3 and 4. I distressed the edges of the green Core'dinations paper. The page on the right hand side is actually a little pocket. You could put a picture or two in there and keep them loose or you could mount them there with adhesive.

This is the 2nd insert in the bragbook. I changed it up from yellow to green to coordinate with the pages it follows. I stapled the tab in the middle this time and also added another strip of DP for some extra flair.

Pages 5 & 6. I distressed the outer edges of the green Core'dinations paper and the DP as well to give it some extra character. The ribbon looks a bit "off" in this picture but it's a really nice match in person.

Here is the 3rd and final insert. The tab is stapled near the bottom edge to keep the edges tiered in order to see them all. Again, I added a strip of DP.

Pages 7 & 8. I used pieces from 3 different designer papers from the In The Garden line from MLS.

Here is my back cover. I kept it pretty similar to the front to tie it all in together. I distressed the edges of the yellow Core'dinations paper and created another flower embellishment. I think I will close it out with some sort of sentiment/saying that I will handwrite or stamp using a set from SUINK.


That's my Paperbag Bragbook for the SUINK DT Special Challenge! Thanks for looking! If you ever happen to create one of these drop me a line, I'd love to see what you do!











4 comments:

Jessica said...

This is soooo cute! You rock at making these paperbag books - I adore the one you made me for LSS!

Cindy Karasz said...

I love paper bag books! This one is so cute Colleen! I want to make one at our get tohether. Remember the one we made at Get Crafty?

MJ said...

This is great! What a fun paperback book, I love it. The papers are fabulous and the layouts are fun. Great job on the challenge.

Tammi said...

Wow, lots of work, pretty papers and book you've made! I've never tried one of these.