Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Whatchadoin' Wednesday - SUINK #34

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!!


It's Wednesday which means it's time for Whatchadoin' Wednesday with SUINK! And since it's April Fool's Day what a better way to celebrate than by making a silly card! Your challenge today is this:

SUINKWWC34 –April Fools Day – Post on April 1 (no Joke)
Create a card that fits the holiday... It could be a joke, a prank, or just plain old silly.
Another option would be to use a stamp in a uncommon way. April fools you thought
this stamp was for blank but you can also do this with it.




I tend to struggle with challenges like this. I don't think outside of the box a lot. Plus, I've been sick these past few days and my brain is clouded and stuffed up, so let's just say the "creative juices" aren't flowing so smoothly. I think I may just give up stamping for good anyway.......

APRIL FOOL'S!!! :)

Sorry, I couldn't pass that up. On to my card:

I used 4 different SUINK stamp sets to create this card. Most of us think kids are precious, sweet, loveable, and adorable...but every once in a while they make us feel like we might be living at the zoo...right? So I poked fun at this idea by stamping a few kids from the Let's Play set and using the "Welcome to the Zoo" sentiment from the most recent release from SUINK titled Welcome to the Zoo. I stamped, cut, and mounted the clouds using the image from Rain, Rain, Go Away and my grass is from You're Somebunny Special.

The images were all colored in using Copics, Prismacolors, and SU markers.

Now it's your turn!!! Remember to use SUINKWWC34 in your keywords when uploading to online galleries! Feel free to link your card here too!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Great card...tfs!!

Laura said...

Oh Colleen this is SO CUTE! I love how you incorporated 4 different sets into your card. And, I think you and I were reading each other's minds...LOL! You'll have to check out my challenge card to see...:) GREAT JOB!

Rachel Hope said...

So true!!! It is a Zoo around more than one kid!!! Adorable card!

Tammi said...

Fun and cute scene you created Colleen! You better not give up stamping ;) I'd miss seeing your wonderful and sparkly creations!

Janna said...

Colleen this is just too, too cute!!! I love the little scene you created! That must have taken you forever! I love the idea of the kids being the zoo! LOL! Too funny!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! I hope you get better soon!

smiles,
janna

Cathleen said...

This is so darn cute! Love the fun scene you created!

Cindy Karasz said...

this is so cute! great job on the challenge!

Kristen said...

Great card. I love how you used all the stamps. Fabulous!