Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SUINK Whatchadoin' Wednesday Challenge - April Flowers

Happy Wednesday! It's challenge time over on the SUINK blog. Today's challenge is:

April Shower’s Bring May Flowers: Create a card with flowers.



I had to be creative with this one, because I don't happen to have any SUINK sets with flowers. So I thought this was a perfect opportunity to showcase the wonderful Core'dinations paper! It comes in all sorts of yummy colors! It's got a great texture to it that makes you able to sand it, distress it, antique it, etc. Be sure to check out all the Core'dinations paper that is available on the SUINK website.


I also thought it would be fitting to create one of those fun little Flower Pot cards that have been all the rage this month over on SCS. I followed the tutorial from this link. I don't have any big flower punches either, so I winged it and used the SU Scallop punch and punched out a few smaller circles for the middles of the flowers.


Now it's your turn to play! What are you waiting for? Go on and create something...ANYTHING with some flowers!!! :) Make sure to put in keyword SUINKWWC38 when uploading to online galleries!

Thanks for checking in!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

This is ADORABLE! And you are brilliant to use those scallop circles as flowers!

Rachel Hope said...

I need to do one of these...they look so fun!

Laura said...

SO CUTE!!! Super job on the challenge Colleen. I have to give one of these flower pots a try.

Trina said...

Super cute..love it..gonna have to try it..

Cheryl said...

Love it!

Cindy Karasz said...

oh my! i just love this!

MJ said...

This is really fabulous. Love our flowers. and look, more circles, tee hee.