Saturday, April 25, 2009

Polka Dot Showers

Today I am sharing the card I made for the Casual Mid-Week Challenge over on the Papertrey Ink Forum. The challenge this week was an inspiration challenge.




This picture was the picture for our inspiration. Here is the LINK.
After I saw this I knew immediately that I wanted to reach for one of my favorite PTI sets, Polka Dot Basics.



Here is the card I created. I don't love the card as a whole...but I am totally digging the background I created. It was time consuming to color, but I just love the end result.

STAMPS: Scattered Showers, Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages (PTI)

PAPER: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip (SU), Select White (PTI)

INK: Palette Noir, Chocolate Chip, Pirouette Pink (SU)

OTHER: Copics, Rose Ribbon (SU)

THANKS FOR LQQKING! :)


8 comments:

Jessica said...

holy crap!! That is fantastic!! You must enter it in the guest star stamper contest!

Rachel Hope said...

WOWZA...Stunning...LUFF IT!!!

Cindy Karasz said...

Oh my stars!!! I love this card! The time you spent coloring was well worth it!

Tammi said...

I love seeing what people come up with on these inspiration challenges...fabulous Colleen, love all the colored circles!

Monica Anderberg said...

So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

Hugs Monica

Janna said...

colleen I think it is just fabulous!! you did an amazign job wiht the background and capturing the fun feel of the inspiration picture! And the umbrella image in the center is perfect! Amazing job1

Smiles,
janna

Niki Estes said...

Such a cute card, Colleen! I love the colors and all the polka dots!

MJ said...

Oh, I do love it. What a darling card, great background.