Wednesday, March 4, 2009

BLING IT ON! SUINK Wednesday Challenge

"How much bling is TOO MUCH bling? Is there such a thing, let’s push the envelope on this one.. The sky is the limit. Make it shine. Have fun."

This was the challenge for today's SUINK Whatcha' Doin Wednesday Challenge. I ended up making 2 cards because my first card didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it in my head. I just hate it when that happens. But it certainly does not run short of sparkle, that is for sure. LOL! I don't really even think the picture does it justice.

So for my second card I tried to keep it a little more simple. It is hard to tell in the picture but I added bling to the tires on the wagon and tricycle! There is nothing cooler than a "pimped" out ride. I also added sparkle on the handle bars and around the edges to add a little more bling.

Personally, my motto is "Your card is never finished until you add a little glitter."

Now it's your turn to "BLING IT ON!" Remember when uploading to online galleries to use keyword: SUINKWWC30



1st Card:
STAMPS: You're Somebunny Special (SUINK)
PAPER: White, Black (SU)
INK: Palette Noir
OTHER: Copic Markers, Stardust Stickles, Paper Crimper, SU Scallop Punch, CM circle punch

2nd Card:
STAMPS: Let's Play (SUINK)
PAPER: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, White (SU)
INK: Palette Noir
OTHER: Copic Markers, Threading Water Border Punch (Fiskars), Stardust Stickles, Bling (Hobby Lobby), Scallop Circle Punch (SU), CM Circle Punch

8 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

I LOVE the first one!!!! It is awesome...second one is cool too...love the PIMPed out Ride ;)

Leslie said...

These are so cute! I love all of the bling!

Janna said...

Colleen you did an amazing job!!! I love the chicks and all the glitter you incorporated! The playground card though is so, so cute!!! The colors are perfect!

Smiles,
janna

Kristen said...

Great cards colleen. You are really working that playground set. You go girl!

Laura said...

Girl; you ROCKED this week's challenge. I absolutely LOVE both of your cards.

Carolina said...

What adorable cards Colleen! Love the soft and pretty look of the chick one and the bright, fun colors of the second one really show of this fun stamp set!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! Is it possible to have too much bling? LOL
LOSTie Debbie

MJ said...

Wow, you are really rocking these sets! I adore the little chick one. I seem to ask how much is too much all the time, but in reality I am not sure there is such a think when it comes to bling, lol! The second card is perfect too. Love the glittered edges.