Friday, October 10, 2008

Birthday cards!

I had to work on some birthday cards for another order. The goal was to keep them simple, not too many layers. So here is what I came up with.

I must say I am absolutely in love with this first card. I am not sure if I can part with it. If I do, I hope it is cherished and loved. :)

STAMPS: Cupcakeabella (Stamping Bella), Sentiment (Rubber Soul)
PAPER: White (PTI)
INK: Noir (Palette)
OTHER: Ribbon (Michael's), Stardust Stickles, Red marker (Prismacolor)






This card was actually created due to a mistake I made trying to create the card above. I put the sentiment on the wrong side so it wouldn't work with the Bella. I improvised and used my large cupcake stamp.

STAMPS: Cupcake (Just Johanna), Sentiment (Rubber Soul)
PAPER: White (PTI), Pink Passion (SU)
INK: Noir (Palette)
OTHER: Dazzling Diamonds (SU), Glue Pen, Ribbon (Michael's)









I think my stamping mojo was with me today and I also had cupcakes on the brain. I just love this new image I got from Stamping Bella.

STAMPS: Cupcakes (Stamping Bella), Sentiment (Studio G)
PAPER: White (PTI), Lavendar Lace (SU), Almost Amethyst (SU)
INK: Noir (Palette)
OTHER: Spots & Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Almost Amethyst and Lavendar Lace markers (SU), Stardust Stickles








Here is one of my "goto" simple cards using Stampin' Up's Big Blossom.

STAMPS: Big Blossom (SU), Sentiment (MFT)
PAPER: White (PTI)
INK: Cameo Coral (SU), Noir (Palette)
OTHER: Black marker, Stardust Stickles







This card I am not so sure about. So I figured I'd post it for a review. It did not turn out like I had envisioned.

STAMPS: Reason to Smile (SU), Sentiment (TAC)
PAPER: White (PTI)
INK: Regal Rose (SU)
OTHER: Frills Embossing Border (Cuttlebug), Stardust Stickles, Rhinestones (Michael's)

13 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

OOOH! Love them All!!!

Tammi said...

I think that last one is my favorite, it's pretty and elegant, love the scallops on it!! Love the bright red and white in the first, looks crisp, cute!! Wonderful selection of cards Colleen!

Amber said...

I love them, especially cupcakeabella!

Cheryl Walker said...

I love the bella card, its soooooo pretty!!!! All of your cards are pretty!!!

Cheryl

Lynn said...

All of your cards are so pretty!
Nice work!

PS I would have a hard time letting go of these too!

Deb said...

Oh! They are all darling! I think cupcakeabella is definitely my favorite too! Probably oughta make another one so it isn't so painful to let one go! ;)

Stephanie said...

beautiful cards, all of them are great!

Robin said...

On my, I love all of them! I really like how you use just a couple of colors with a touch of bling on some! Beautiful cards!

Robin

Ann said...

Ooooh, these are all gorgeous! Love 'em! :D

Diane said...

Love all the cupcake cards, the Bella one is beautiful!! They are all great. The baby cards in the posts below are adorable, too!!

Enfys said...

I love them all, but especially the cupcake Bella, stunning with just that touch of bright red to pop it.

Heavenly Blessed said...

looks like you love cupcakes too!! I am dying to get that double cupcake from Stampin Bella!! All these cards are so cute!!

Christyne (aka Apple Blossom) said...

Ooooh! I have that Big Blossom stamp! Thanks for the idea!